At today's press conference, Governor Scott has announced that indoor competitions (Basketball) can begin as early as Friday, February 12th.
Here are the LSUU-specific protocols that will be in place as we look to basketball competitions next week:
High School basketball teams will begin competitions on February 12th as directed by the state.
- When travelling, we will follow all school rules for those who are hosting us.
- Visiting schools will follow our own game day protocols which will be shared with our coaches.
PAML basketball teams will continue with practices for two weeks following the start of HS games as we assess the process of beginning games at the HS level.
- Our target start date for PAML competitions will be on Monday, March 1st.
- Once we begin competitions at the middle school level, games will only take place within the district, meaning we will only be competing against Stowe, or within intrasquad scrimmages.
Health Screening/Safety Considerations (from AD/Opposing AD's)
- Pre-game communication between AD's reviewing athletes/coaches health screenings/potential positive cases.
- Post-game follow-up between AD's to monitor for any new developments.
Potential move to fully remote learning
- If at any point during the season PA or PAML moves to fully remote learning, all practices and games will cease until they are back in school for in-person learning.
For any further questions, please contact your individual coach, or Director of Co-Curriculars, Matt Ehrenreich, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Co-Curricular Activities